Monday, February 26, 2018

A Memory is forever...let yours be beautiful of the icon Sridevi who is no more

I contemplated whether I should post a dedication to Sridevi. It was a contemplation because I did not want to be one of those people who would use a unfortunate incidence with a celebrity to get my two bits of mileage. Maybe I am more critical of what I post because I have been part of the news brigade There have been many times when I had to push for a certain interview for my channel despite knowing that in the rush to get the me first I was completely disregarding the basic human tendency of empathy.
Having a conscience can be quite detrimental in an era where we have become a species who seems to be more entertained with the pain and shame of people than the beauty of art. This is a sincere request to all those women who grew up admiring the beautiful Sridevi to please not give in to know the  morbid details of her death but to enjoy the fabulous work that she leaves behind her. To not tune in to a  news channel to know how she died but to tune in to  a channel which is currently paying homage to her through her movies.

If it is difficult to stay away from the knowing , then please dont judge the beauty, she was a human being like you and me . The difference being that she was an actor who had the power to make you forget for sometime all your worldly troubles and if only for a moment smile. That is why we should remember her just like that a beauty who could stop time even if it was just for those two hours in a movie theatre.

She was one of those icons who even in todays modern era kept the Sari relevant below are few styles that captured my heart.



 She looked like an angel in white which girl did not want to be Chandni



  Only a Star can drape a simple floral and yet stun you for a second


   The simple ice blue just makes your heart melt.
                                         

  The orange and red hue on the occasion of Karvachauth a look befitting to a queen

                                   
As she receives the Padmashree only the best will do...


Remember the today in a light that makes me smile,
A million shadows exist in the glitter I know,
I have fought hard to keep them away from you,
yet if they arise help me push them aside from my glow,
a memory is forever so will be mine,
a eternity held in your mind,
let it shine like the magic on the Big screen,
dont mar it with assumptions not fit for a queen.

1 comment:

  1. Sre Devi Great Actors is One Of The Best Fashion India

    ReplyDelete