Monday, February 12, 2018

Back, Rant, Here it goes.

Wow it has been a long time since my last post. Somehow life always gets in the way. Or in my case it was my mid life crisis. It is very difficult to accept change and sometimes it takes you years till you finally throw in the towel and say fine. From having a I dont have time to breathe career in media to spending the whole afternoon binge watching Scrubs came a rollercoaster in different variations of the past, present and future that too in multicolor. I mean who knew there was a concept of work life balance or maybe it always existed and when you find all work options throwing it out of whack and after you have tried a lot of permutations combinations you settle in for a afternoon of scrubs, evening of  cooking vegetable biryani and a whole night staying awake with your puppy because she wants to play.

Will you believe me if I tell you that every time I begin writing I dont know what I am going to write about,,,well you shouldn't care about it. On the current note, I am wondering is the current working style adopted by companies not life friendly ? I remember having a life despite working in a news channel. A fixed shift, weekends and no being on the job 24x7 through whatsapp or calls...

Where are we going wrong, or maybe it was just me. Somehow its ok to be on call 24x7 through whast app...technology is good..but when it comes to using the same technology to make work from home as a more available option its not....Considering traveling in  any metro in India today is much more a nightmare than it was. OK so this turned into a rant....

Maybe the definition of productivity today is tad different than yesterday.....

Thou there are a few who will read this and say whats new nothing has changed it never has and I would say that it could be a possibility and I was just lucky with the kind of organizations I have worked with. Because life always comes full circle like my weight ....I am picking up right where I left nine month before , being fat. But this time Im more interested in keeping it leveled, being healthy and yes eating carbohydrates a little bit more simply because a fried samosa is more tasty than a baked one.

Thats a satin sari I purchased from Kashmir and I have teamed it with a forever21 halter because i dont fit into most of my blouses.


                                                         Me and my baby Maya

Please do share your views at sarindstyle@gmail.com I would love to hear from you...also a picture in a Sari please.

Stay happy, Stay alive !!!

1 comment: